CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

♥ Happy yet so Lonely Christmas ♥

I was used of having Christmas without my Dad. Ever since I gone to school, he was not around for special occasion except for my birthdays. That was because, every year he has 11 months of contract to his work. He worked as an OFW. I might even say that yes, he gave us a good education and life, but it was an incomplete one.

When he arrived, he and my mom usually have misunderstanding between each other. I can always hear them shouting at each other and later on, I would found my mom crying. That hurts me a lot. That terrifies me when I remember that Christmas is near. My father is here for holiday seasons, but the Christmas spirit is not present in our surroundings. I always ask myself how our Christmas would be, now that my father is here.
This Christmas Eve, my family attended the mass. After that we had our Noche Buena. We don’t usually have that. We used to sleep during times like this. When I woke up the next morning, I found a certain amount of money in my Christmas sack which I usually hang near my bed every Christmas. That is one of my childish attitudes during Christmas. We spend the whole Christmas day in our house. That night, my parents went to Rizal to visit Nanay Elma. Glen texted me that he, together with his family will come over for a visit. I was so nervous that time. Glen brought me “bibingka”. I called my parents at Rizal to tell Glen’s family was in our house. They laughed at me so hard.

I was happy this Christmas because my father is here with us. Another reason was that, in Christmas night, Glen’s family visited us. Inspite of that, I was so unlucky to experienced great love between my parents this season.

0 comments: